The Scottish Saltire

The Scottish Saltire

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Musings on a Rainy Day

My recuperation is going well. Nikki left on Saturday and I miss her terribly. It's wonderful to see the kids when I get to but it's always hard for the first few days afterward. I'm kind of housebound at the present. I see the doctor on Monday and I'm sure he'll release me to drive next week but in the meantime.....
So I've sort of given my car keys to Steve while I'm out of commission. He's loving being able to drive to and from school and where ever else he needs(!) to go. The deal is, though, that he has to drive me when I need to go somewhere. I really don't mind him driving my car. I guess it's just one more thing that I can do to continue to build our relationship. He really is a great kid and pretty much has my heart wrapped around which ever finger he chooses!

Pittsburgh is quite the sports town. At the moment everyone is consumed with Penguin fever. The Pens are up 3 games to 0 over the Philadelphia Flyers in a best of 7 match up to see who goes to the NHL Stanley Cup finals against (probably) Detroit. Game 4 is in Phili tomorrow evening. I'm not an ice hockey fan but Steve has just insisted that I should have a Penguins shirt so he and I went to the sporting goods store today. We chose #58, a player named LeTang because he's a rookie this year and so am I. So I guess I'll be wearing my Pens shirt tomorrow night along with about 90% of the rest of Pittsburgh!

I'm really missing my long daily walks. I started walking around the block a couple of times a few days ago. I'll build back up to my 8 miles a little at a time, I guess. It's been raining off and on most of today but I got in a walk a little while ago.
When I got back to the house I just didn't want to go back inside so I decided to get my book and sit out on the porch. I brought Lucy out with me. She loves to come outside and explore. I followed her around the yard for a bit while she smelled everything and ate some grass and then finally convinced her to just settle down next to me on the wicker couch. So here we sit, Lucy and I, watching the misty rain as the evening deepens. It's starting to get a little chillier now so we'll probably go inside soon but for now we're content.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

It is hard. :(

...So you'll just have to come visit ME!!!!

Anonymous said...

Take it easy now. But what better way to heal than to be on an island? I spoke with the home owner. You are set to house sit anytime after July 28 though when even you think fits. They will pay you 265 and if you get bored, I'll put you to work for 11 p/h. But really, why not spend your time in the sun? Please send me your email address again. Hugs, Karen in PR