The Scottish Saltire

The Scottish Saltire

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Baby Steps Back

Well, I'm feeling human today, but it has been a tough week. Healing from the actual surgery has been the easiest part of this whole ordeal! The worst part has been all the extra complications. First came the migraine on Friday, the day after surgery. Then the reaction to the anesthesia that created a viselike feeling in both shoulders on Sat and Sun, and the awful gas that about brought me to my knees on Sun (although this was expected and normal). To top it off I caught an intestinal infection right after I got home! I lost track of about 30 hours from early Mon til early Tues. The doctor told me to go to the ER to get checked out and he called in a script of antibiotics for me. Tues was still kind of a rough day but things have gotten so much better since that night. I'm not really in any pain anymore. The appetite is coming back a little at a time (I've lost 10 lbs!) and I know from past surgeries that it will be a good while before I get all of my strength back. But I'm on the road. Nikki changed her plane ticket so she's staying until Sat. Yay! I sent her out with Sherry this afternoon to do some shoe shopping. She has been so focused on me for the last week that we all figured she could use a few hours of distraction to clear her head. Well, that's about it. Just wanted to let you know how goes the war! Hopefully I'm on the way back to normalcy now. No more talk of cancer. Just healing and getting back to life!

2 comments:

Steven said...

Hey there,
I found out about your surgery by clicking around. I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. Here's to a speedy recovery!
;-)

Steven

Anonymous said...

Wow! ...and here I pictured you guys playing, with no time to blog... so sorry that wasn't the case! Feel better!!