The Scottish Saltire

The Scottish Saltire

Friday, June 26, 2009

Michael Jackson: Legend or Scumbag?

I am amazed at the level of grief being exhibited over the death of Michael Jackson. The man was undeniably talented. But he was also a pedophile! Ah, I can hear some of you now..."But that was never proven". Yeah, well, when you have the money to buy off your victim's families....

OJ Simpson got off too. Anyone really believe he was innocent? I see Michael Jackson in the same light. A man who got away with a terrible crime. The difference is that OJ Simpson didn't have as many fans as Michael Jackson. Fans who choose to ignore the horrible things he did in light of his talent as an artist.

Hitler was a talented artist, too. But you won't see any of his paintings on my wall! What's that you say? "Hitler was responsible for the death of 12 million people. How can you compare MJ to Adolf Hitler?" I can because they were both dishonorable human beings with no compassion for their victims.

If Jackson were the middle aged balding untalented pedophile who lived down the street we would all being saying, "Good riddance to bad rubbish". Well, I still say, "Good riddance to bad rubbish"! How can anyone who has children defend the reputation of this man? How can anyone who even knows a child? Children are to be protected and nurtured. Michael Jackson used his celebrity to abuse the most innocent of our society and the public let him get away with it because they liked his music! Evidently OJ Simpson wasn't as good a football player as Jackson was a singer and dancer. Poor Adolf also failed in the popularity contest.

I'm not saying that we cannot overlook the chinks in the armor of our "heros". There are many celebs whose behavior I disapprove of but I can still admire their work. Their job is to entertain me. What they do with the rest of their lives is not my concern. I grew up with Michael Jackson's music. I loved the Jackson 5 when I was a teenager. And I liked a lot of his later music, too. Jackson got increasingly weird as he got older. No crime there. No reason to stone the man for being eccentric. If that had been all there was to it I would have no problem with the outpouring of grief over his death. But that is not all there is to it! I cannot ignore the fact that he molested young boys. In light of that, all else pales.

Scumbag trumps legend.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well put, I agree 100%

This pedophile is being memorialized in the media nonstop with very little (if any) mention of what he did to children.

Anonymous said...

Well said. I would only add that the children he purchased (both legally and illegally) are all safer with him gone.

Anonymous said...

I completely agree. That scumbag pedophile should have been taken out years ago. As for his artistic abilities, I feel they were hugely exaggerated. Except for 3 or 4 songs on Thriller his stuff was crap. Dancing? Grabbing your croch and making cjick noises is not dancing. I am stunned by the outpouring of emotions by people saddened by his death. Reinforces my belief that most of society isn't smart enough to be alive. I feel badly for Farrah Fawcett’s family as her truly sad death was completely over shadowed.

Anonymous said...

worst is that so many people CAN ignore the fact that he molested young boys. like it was only a spleen - in fact, it's a crime.
/miriam

Anonymous said...

Far be it from me to play devil's advocate, but I feel I have to. He was a weird guy and there could very well have been some inappropriate stuff going on between him and kids. However, it seems that a lot of people close to him thought it was a matter of him honestly and truly not knowing his boundaries and inviting kids into his bedroom. You are probably right about the payoffs, but I think a man in his financial position would be advised to settle such things any way possible. I don't know. It seems just as possible that people were taking advantage of his fortune. Who knows. Just thinking out loud. I just think that it's difficult to see him concretely as a scumbag. There were so many people with agendas in his life. The man was arguably the most famous person in the world. Something to think about.

Anonymous said...

The enablers that worked around him and didn't do anything to stop what he was doing just so they could keep their jobs are just as guilty in my eyes and ultimately will have to answer for their crimes. He was definitely a Scumbag!

Anonymous said...

When God puts his hand on someone I take mine off, RIP. Most and I mean MOST see the good in him now that he is gone. Why speculate evil? It serves no purpose and no one here can say such things with any certainty, He is dead let him RIP. I don't care for mean people!!!! It is so useless to say such things about a dead man. Will it change anything...no. He was absolutely the best entertainer of our time and may remain so forever. I will be glad when time has passed I must say I am getting a little tired of it being the only thing on T.V. thought apparently the world believes he deserves it!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, I think it's normal. Shit, look how we still obsess over Elvis and he wasn't nearly as famous globally as Michael Jackson. People will be saying Michael isn't really dead before too long and there will be Las Vegas shows and sightings in states like South Carolina (or in Argentina with the governor and his mistress....wahahahaha).